Thinking Beyond the Finish Line: Sustainable Sanitation Services for All
This report provides a synthesis and summary of the Asia Regional Learning Event on Sustainability held in Phonm Penh, Cambodia from 14 to 17 March 2016. The Learning Event was organised by SNV Asia together with the Ministry of Rural Development of the Royal Government of the Kingdom of Cambodia.
The purpose of the report is to be a useful reference for the participants of the Learning Event, as well as other practitioners, managers, local governments and other actors involved in the rural Sustainable Sanitation and Hygiene for All (SSH4A) programme across Asia and Africa. The report aims to capture the key content delivered by experts at the event as well as the experiences, successes and common challenges expressed by the participants. It is hoped it will also serve as a useful resource for the broader WASH sector.
Asia Regional Learning Event
From Monday 14 to Thursday 17 March 2016 the SNV and IRC hosted a regional face-to-face Learning Event "Thinking beyond the Finish Line: Sustainable Services for All," held in Phnom Penh, Cambodia as part of the SNV's Sustainable Sanitation and Hygiene for All (SSH4A) Programme.
The specific objectives of the Learning Event were to:
- Zoom out to the bigger picture of sustainable sanitation service delivery and see the ODF milestone in that.
- Exchange ideas about pathways and strategies towards sustained sanitation behaviour and the role of local government.
- Identify practical roles and responsibilities in areas that are beyond the ODF milestone.
The programme consisted of the following four main learning blocks:
- Thinking beyond the Finish Line
- Institutional Framework for Sustainable Sanitation Service Delivery
- New Roles and Responsibilities in Sanitation Service Delivery
- Country group work and wrapping up
|Author / Organisation SNV and IRC||Publication Date Jan 2017||Downloads 100||Size 2.9 mb||Link||Rating||Download Download now Has been downloaded|