Innovation & Impact Fund
The Innovation and Impact (I&I) Fund encouraged CSOs within the Fund to trial new models and approaches which could have catalytic effects beyond the CS WASH Fund. This was in addition to the innovations within CSOs’ main projects.
The I&I Fund supported activities that:
- tested potential innovations
- provided evidence of the impact of innovative approaches and practices
- disseminated findings to improve the performance of the wider WASH sector.
The following five grants were awarded under the I&I Fund.
- Optimising smart subsidies to drive toward 100% market-led rural sanitation coverage - Cambodia
- iDE partnered with Casual Design
- Changing the conversation: Simple Smartphone technology for use in WASH program lifecycle monitoring - Timor Leste and Papua New Guinea
- WaterAid Australia partnered with International Water and Sanitation Centre (IRC)
- Proving the business model of mobile desludging units in small urban centres in Mashonaland West in Zimbabwe - Zimbabwe
- Welthungerhilfe partnered with International Water and Sanitation Centre (IRC)
- Behaviour Change Communication in Bhutan - Bhutan
- SNV partnered with London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM)
- From practical to strategic changes: Strengthening gender in WASH - Vietnam
- Plan International Australia partnered with Institute for Sustainable Futures University of Technology Sydney (ISF UTS)