Fund Learning and Reflection Event
The Fund Learning and Reflection Event (FLARE) is an internal learning event for CSOs in the CS WASH Fund. The event will be held in Brisbane, Australia from 1-4 August 2017 with approximately 120 representatives from the 29 projects implemented by 13 civil society organisations in Southern Africa, Southeast Asia, South Asia and the Pacific: Australian Red Cross (ARC), Habitat for Humanity (HfH), International Development Enterprises (iDE), International Rescue Committee (IRC), Live and Learn Environmental Education (L&L), Plan International, Save the Children Australia (SCA), Netherlands Development Organisation (SNV), Thrive Networks, United Purpose (formerly Concern), WaterAid, Welthungerhilfe (WHH) and World Vision (WV).
The FLARE will be structured around priority WASH themes including, but not limited to:
- Gender and Social Inclusion (GESI)
- Hygiene and sanitation behaviour change
- Strengthening the enabling environment
These have been agreed as priority themes amongst CSOs and, with the addition of WASH markets, have provided the guiding framework for the Knowledge and Learning Advisory Group, CSO collaboration and for focusing Regional Learning Events (RLEs). As such, many of the topics above have been explored in some depth at Fund learning events already. For example, the Southern Africa RLE focused on strengthening the enabling environment with a particular focus on loca l government. The East Asia RLE focused on the intersection of public and private spheres for delivering sanitation, falling within the theme of WASH markets. The South Asia RLE explored SDG6 and safely managed sanitation in-depth. GESI and hygiene and sanitation behaviour change have been cross-cutting themes addressed at the Pacific RLE and all RLEs.
The FLARE is an opportunity to consolidate and build on this work, share recent project experiences and capture lessons for future initiatives. Innovation and Impact Grant Fund and Australian Development Research Awards findings also map to these themes and will be shared at the event.
Learning objectives of the FLARE include to:
- Facilitate knowledge exchange and peer-to-peer learning within the Fund;
- Capture and share project achievements and lessons and CSO approaches, and thus contribute to the evidence base that will be useful looking forward to future activities;
- Strengthen relationships and knowledge of CSOs and change agents to consolidate the sustainability of project outcomes; and
- Provide a forum facilitating knowledge exchange and learning with the wider WASH sector, including CSOs that cannot attend the event, and strengthen communities of practice within the Fund
The four day program will include:
- A phased learning approach including an e-discussion, webinar, face-to-face event and written outputs
- Sharing of project lessons to include both things that have gone well and things that could be improved
- Sharing of the results of project context and strategy mapping activities completed at RLEs and review of emerging lessons for CSOs working to strengthen the enabling environment
- Sharing of the findings from the Fund-supported Innovation and Impact Grant Fund projects and, where possible, research findings from WASH Australian Development Research Awards
The face-to-face learning event will be preceded by an e-discussion and webinar. After the event the lessons learnt will be synthesised and shared as a series of learning papers. These activities together are referred to as the phased learning approach.
|Organisation||Duration 01/08 - 04/08||Location Brisbane, QLD||Type||Link||Topic|