Water Conservation and Management
This provides a list of courses and scholarships suitable for WASH practitioners from across the WASH sector.
This online course offers participants some solutions to water challenges by integrating local knowledge into project design and participatory mapping of water resources.
Cost: US$100 developing nation participant; US$150 developed nation participant. Course runs every two months.
Techniques for improving water management include:
- prioritizing degraded watersheds, springs, rivulets, ravines, and man-made waterways for protection and restoration;
- watershed management including reforestation;
- water collection and storage;
- simple point of use water purification systems;
- capacity building workshops in these technologies; and,
- a participatory monitoring and evaluation plan for long-term, sustained management.
The course includes downloadable manuals and field guides for each technique.
|Institution Center for Sustainable Development||Target Audience WASH professionals involved in water management||Link||Topic||Region||Type Courses|